Beginners tips for plastic plumbing

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:40:35 +0100, Phil Addison wrote (in article ):

I think you're right, Phil.

The ratchet ones seem to have two things in addition to the greater force

- sharp blade

- good holding of the tube to prevent deformation

Reply to
Andy Hall

In relation to the Screwfix (Monument) pipe cutter he is wrong. It is crap.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yup same here... I have the bog standard screwfix one they sold a while back, and as you say twist as you cut and it does a nice job on 15mm.

Reply to
John Rumm

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:28:10 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote (in article ):

Do you really believe, in your wildest possible dreams, that you are remotely qualified to comment on cutters for plastic tube?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, I have two of them and used the Monument and it is overpriced crap. To make a cut you need to squeeze the blades together which can nick your hands. Poor product. Matt, please buy one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:22:15 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote (in article ):

Did you buy them before or after The Event?

Reply to
Andy Hall

So why do you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Matt, I bought my two befiore the event of trying the crap Monument. Matt please buy a Monument.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Shitkicker, I don't, I use cutters, but never push-fit fitting as they are only for shitkickers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nice to know you've read and learnt on here at last. Perhaps you'd keep up the good work and give approximate prices for some of your wackier recommendations with heating, etc?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:48:12 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote (in article ):

You know very well that I meant The Hacksaw Event (unless you are dim that is)

So the question was why didn't you use one of your allegedly good cutters instead of the hacksaw or did you learn from getting it wrong and buy two cutters just in case? The latter would be commendable. You don't need to be shy about admitting a mistake and preventing it in the future.

The Monument product is irrelevant to that. I would have no reason to buy another cutter anyway. I bought and use the correct tool for the job and a good one. It saves time and money.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, you have lost it. What are you on about?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Must be time for his cocoa. Maybe they will let him up to watch the world cup.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So why did you use a hacksaw to cut plastic tube?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Shitkicker, I don't,

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You have already confessed that you did, and that as a result the joint failed.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Shit kicker, what are you on about?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Your admission that you cut plastic tube using a hacksaw and that the joint that you attempted to make leaked in consequence. Now you seem to have developed selective amnesia.

Reply to
Steve Firth

He probably thinks he has removed all references to it from Google etc. More of a problem removing it from the memories on here...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Shitkicker, the fitting was faulty not the pipe preparation - being a master craftsman I could prepare any pipe perfectly, even with my todger if need be. You would not know anything about this being a kakhanded Shitkicker. You are very sad person. Very sad indeed. Shitkicker, do you go boozing with Richard Cranium?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel