Beeping 3-pin mains plug?

These grills don't use all that much power, once they are up to temperature. That little escapade probably only cost a couple of pence.

Reply to
GB

That's how they make them. I have one, bought new, and was surprised to find that setting the timer only set an alarm when the specified time had expired and didn't turn it off. I trained myself to flip the switch when I've finished cooking, though.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I had the larger version. Has knobs for temperature and time on the top. And it doesn't switch on unless you set the timer to something. It's a mechanical timer which 'dings' at the end and shuts it off.

Got rid of it when the non stick didn't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

if the OP has a misses it should be her job to do the cooking, not his ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Does it ever, none of ours ever have!

Reply to
Capitol

That depends upon how much had been spent on the over-cooked food.

Reply to
Nightjar