Beeper - low volume ?

I am looking for a beeper or similar sounder (using 240 volts) that I can wire up to a PIR a couple of sensors to alert me when intruders who get into to my back yard.

All the ones I can find so far are proper alarm type sounders with an output of over 100 decibels.

Ideally I am looking for something with sound output ( 80db ? ) similar to domestic door chimes but for use both inside and outside the house running on 240 volts. Any suggestions?

VT

Reply to
Vet Tech

surely easy to make one.

Or adapt something similar.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mains Buzzer

pulse tone buzzer
Owain

Reply to
Owain

How about a wall-wart driving a small piezo sounder such as

the sounder is too loud you can adjust the volume with a series resistor, or by covering the hole with sellotape, or filling it with epoxy.

Or even a wall-wart driving a door chime via a relay?

Screwfix used to sell off-the-shelf products that did what you are describing, made by a company called IQ, but they only seem to stock these bits now:

BluntChisel

Another option that's easier is a 2" speaker onto a small dc wallwart, via a resistor. Then you've got volume control too. Pick as low a voltage as you've got for the wallwart, 3v or less.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Eh?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It needs to be a supply with no reservoir cap - youre quite right in pointing out that a lot do have such a cap in.

NT

Reply to
Tabby