Bed a monobloc tap in silicone or plumbers mait?

It is through a worktop rather than the kitchen sink itself. I want to stop it spinning and also seal it. Which would you use?

Brendan.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

Neither will be particularly good for stopping rotation. This should be done by mechanical means. Ideally if there are locating pips on the tap, holes should be drilled in the worktop to match. For the water seal, plumber mait is easier to apply and clean up. If you use silicone, make sure it is neutral cure to avoid attacking the plating on the tap.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Absolutely nothing will stop it moving. Spawn of the devil, these things. A triumph of design over engineering.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

By Jove you've got it! I will cut a plug to fill the hole and glue it in, then drill smaller holes for the pipes.

Thank you!

Reply to
Rednadnerb