Beading Floor-skirting and Bath Trim Seal

2 Questions:

1) I am putting beading on a vinyl floor/skirting board boundary: is it recommended to stick both surfaces - floor and skirting - or, I have seen suggested, just do skirting to allow movement of floor. Multi-purpose glue or no-nails or such like please?

2) I am putting a Homelux 12mm White PVC Bath Trim (B&Q EAN: 5037129066186) on one edge of bath and tiling. One edge of trim has self adhesive on (remove a tape from sicky surface). I assume this goes on tiles: is it sensible to put silicon sealant between trim and bath.

(It is too late to put a trim on before tiling)

Reply to
Steve P

Sorry, but if I were going there, I wouldn't start from here - in both cases!

(1) Beading looks 'orrible! If you cut the vinyl accurately to the skirting, you don't need to cover the joint - but you could use a thin bead of silicone if you like, to cover any slight imperfections.

(2) If you fit the bath to the wall *before* tiling and then tile down to it leaving a gap of a few mm, you don't need bath trim - just a bead of silicone. If you've already tiled below bath level, you may still be able to cut away some of the tiles and fit the bath to the wall.

Reply to
Roger Mills