Be sure you get the tattoo you wanted

This guy claims to have a tattoo of a turbo charger, look what he actually got!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Any one who has a tattoo gets what he/she deserves

Reply to
Broadback

Well, it rotates and charges the battery - so close!

Reply to
Roger Mills

And never get a chinese one done unless you read chinese :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Looks good now, FSVO good, but what will it look like in a few tens of years when the inks have dispersed a bit?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Address not found.

Reply to
F Murtz

Try this one

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Thanks but the problem seems to be my end, some sort of modem idiosyncrasies.

Reply to
F Murtz

I wonder if he was overcharged for it.

Reply to
Adam Funk

Adam Funk put finger to keyboard:

Reply to
Scion

Went on to lead an alternative lifestyle.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

En el artículo , Dave Liquorice escribió:

The ink doesn't 'disperse', but does fade. You can get a faded tattoo freshened up, or baby oil works to revive one temporarily.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I think he probably expected a boost :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Tattoos can be serious works of art, whether to your/my taste or not.

The problem is the self conscious feeling you get when you realise you've been staring at the one on the guy in the gym just a little too long!

When it's adorning a young lady of the female persuasion of course, this problem with the duration of the gaze amazingly doesn't seem to arise.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

If you have an ethernet switch in the mix, don't forget to try a power off/on reset. I've got an 8 port Netgear Gbit switch which has occasionally proved to be the culprit for some strange network behaviour. Reseting by power off/on cycling seems to resolve such weirdness in most cases (after restarting the router and network interfaces has failed to achieve anything).

Reply to
Johny B Good

He was scared, apparently. He had it done on the programme, but only after the presenter offered to have hers removed at the same time (hers was only a small hidden one).

Incidentally, the presenter is Katie Piper (the woman who had acid thrown in her face in 2009).

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 17:35:33 +0000, Nightjar You can also make your own, with temporary tattoo paper and an inkjet

For a moment, I had a mental image of somebody trying to slip their arm through the inkjet.

Reply to
Adrian

... and we're probably all paying for that, sigh.

Some years ago, I was in a private hospital waiting room, waiting to collect someone who was having skin cancer check (negative, fortunately).

From the posters on the wall, you could see they did tattoo removal, and I could hear a consultant on the phone with what I presumed was the mum or dad of a teenager who just had a tattoo done, who had changed her mind. I could only hear the consultant...

"How many colours?" "Multi-colour images are very difficult to remove with a laser. The reds and yellows are impossible". "What's her skin complexion?" "There's a chance the laser may permanently scar that". "No, we would not do a skin graft".

It went on for some minutes - can't remember most of it now, but those parts stuck in my mind. Tattoo removal may have moved on since then of course.

A work colleague had a small blue dot on the back of his hand, where a school mate had stabbed him with a blue fountain pen nib in a French lesson.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I assume people having tattoos done do expect people to stare at them, or there would be little point. I did ask someone about a long tattoo running from the shoulder to the wrist, and he was more than happy to explain every part of it. Each part represented some place he visited in the world, and it was extended each time he visited his particular tattoo artist in New York, to update it for his world visits since the last time.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Some time ago, as tattoos were starting to be more widespread, I went for an MRI. And very relieved not to have one when I read the card of things that potentially disqualify you. Made me decide never to have a tattoo. (Though most modern inks are OK, I'd always be expecting to be refused.)

Reply to
polygonum