Be careful...

my toilet seat has a 1/8th inch bumpers and that would make a two year old wince

Reply to
Kevin

well MINE have 10mm buffers. Solid oak seats. Your Little Johhny's todger is safe with me ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Trouble is some seats have a buffer bang in the middle at the front.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

If the seat fell on your todger, please accept my sympathies. It's not my fault, ok? Certainly explains a few things, though.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I know someone it happened to and it isn't nice. Google for penile splint if you want to know what can be the result.

Reply to
dennis

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'Todger Dodger'. :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Isn't the real problem the modern design of close coupled toilet? There used to be a time when seat and lid would tip well back beyond the vertical, but many modern units seem to have a cistern that projects so far forward that seat and lid are on the point of tipping forward anyway.

Bring back the old high level flush says I. Plenty of room for the lid to tip right back, you had the added bonus of denting the down pipe, and the water entered at a good clearing rate!

Reply to
The Wanderer

The Wanderer coughed up some electrons that declared:

Funny that. I'm going for high level cisterns for exactly these reasons. Also buys me another 5cm of space as the bog can go a little further back.

I do find most close coupled systems not very good and I'm sure it's got worse with the reduction in flush volume.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

The Google ads included one for DIY vaginal casting kits.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You're sorted for Xmas then ...

Reply to
geoff

Designed by a woman?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've yet to see a bump rubber in the central front area of a seat. Though from other posts it appears they do exist.

Precarioulsy balanced upright seats due to poor design, fitting or fluffy seat covers is probably the root cause of the problem but I doubt the statistics include that level of detail.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Installed, no doubt, by a female plumber...

I usually get Mother a scenic calendar ... and she's not as agile as she used to be.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

As a student I lived in two houses where I had to add a "bloke hook" to hold the seat up, and a mate lives in another (and has added his own design of bloke hook). My own current house did have the same problem, but that turned out to be due to the hinges having been fitted back-to-front by the DIY idiot that did everything else.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Bad design. Sue them for todger damage..;-0)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In a slightly different guise, this danger forms a major part of one of the greatest of English 'novels'.

In 'Tristram Shandy' (published starting 1759), the eponymous hero is accidentally circumcised as a child, when after, being held up to a window, the sash accidentally falls(*).

This is only one of the catastrophe that befalls him, in one of the greatest shaggy dog tales ever written.

A film version of this 'impossible to film' novel was made as 'A Cock and Bull story', with Steve Coogan and rob Brydon, a few years ago.

literall-y yours

Reply to
jkn

But if they'd had 'mohel special' bog seats in those days, Laurence Sterne might well have seen fit to change the scene. :-)

Bizarrely, the film had Gillian Anderson in it.

Reply to
Rod

Was it subtitled "The X-foreskin Files"?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yebbut you're all assuming that Small Boys always approach the bowl square-on - more often than not they don't. The loo is often in the corner of the bathroom, and Little Johnny (who always waits until the last possible second before tearing upstairs clutching his groin) dashes in, and rushes over to the bowl which he reaches at approximately 45 degrees - ie, with todger directly beneath the falling arc of the buffer.

David

Reply to
Lobster