BC Lampholder for table lamp

Is it no longer possible to buy a pushbar-switched BC lampholder with a threaded spigot and collar screw? I want to replace the holder on a table lamp and, so far, have been unable to find a suitable fitting anywhere.

The original was a glue job involving a pendant fitting with a plastic washer (a piss-poor solution that has shrugged off all attempts at repair).

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

John Rumm

Wilkinsons do 'em, plastic rather than brass though.

Reply to
Scott M

Thanks for responses. Most helpful! :-)

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

Hmph. Last pair of them I bought were an identical copy of a decent British switch. Identical, save for the inferior materials, such that the switch broke and the bulb-holder showed signs of heat damage. I'm glad the switch broke, as it stopped me using it before anything dangerous happened. These weren't remote ebay/Chinese purchases, but from the local hardware store, which has taken to stocking cheap tat in some lines.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon