BBQ canopy

Hi

Just purchased a new 4 burner, singing, dancing gas BBQ.

I want to build some kind of canopy over it so that (a) if it starts to rain I can finish cooking and (b) to protect my shiny new bbq from the elements.

I though of something like a porch supported by two (bolted to a wall) uprights. Needs to cover about a metre from the wall to cover the bbq & me.

Any idea what sort of roof angle I would need? Anyone seen any sort of plans for something like this?

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

I would suggest a decent height to reduce the risk of a flare up from the barbecue setting it on fire. Perhaps some suitable fireproof board underneath to assist with that?

It could be quite shallow if you want. For a cabin in the garden, I have a slope of about 18 degrees and a cedar shingled roof. I wouldn't suggest this material for this application, but from the water run off perspective it's fine. I don't think you need the typical 30-45 degree slope of a building roof and going for a lower slope would mean that the cover would appear less massive against the house.

Reply to
Andy Hall