Bay windows....

I have a bay window that is essentially a window box attached to a vertical wall. The bay does not currently extend down into the ground but is supported by a pair of wood brackets.

We have been quoted a price for building a new brick wall underneath the existing bay window, taking away the two wood bay window brackets, and putting a new bay window on the newly built brick wall, replacing the old one.

The existing floor would be extended into the newly built bay brick wall.

IS planning permission needed for putting in the new brick wall under the existing bay window as technically speaking its an extension of the internal floor area and the wall outline is changing.

Looking forward to your reply

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen H

If you don't get a good answer here you could go down the pub and ask around. There are often semi-employed cowboy builders boozing away the afternoons in the public bar. Failing that you could ring the council and ask to speak with a planning officer.

Tim ~W

Reply to
Tim W

Lucky sods

Reply to
stuart noble

Surely the lucky ones are the ones who are too busy in the afternoon, and only get down there in the evening?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ