Baxi Solo 3 40 PF

Hi all ,, again!

Earlier today i had to turn my boiler off at the FCU as the tank was really clanking and thudding (started suddenly )(I think its the sound that you get when there is air in the system). I heard this once before, and once a bleed screw was opened to release lots of air it was fine.

I opened that same screw just after the noise and only water came out.

Any way I realised that the rads were realy hot and turned the knob right down on the boiler (potentiometer) and turned the FCU to on again.

The boiler never fired up as i had turned it down but lights came on (cant remember which ones)

that was 2 hours ago,, now no lights are on whether I turn potetiometer up or down, bolier wont fire up and there is a distict lack of life.

when i turn FCU on, the timer operates and i hear a fan humming from within the boiler casing?? but thats the only sign of life.

The noise was alarming and it seemed that the pipes were shuddering with the force.

In January I changed the Fan and the Pump as both died within a day or so of eachother. the system has been fine since then up untill now.

Any guidance appreciated.

Andy

Reply to
Andy pandy

SORRY

I just went upstairs and tired the boiler. It seems to be fine now???

Can it cut out if it overheats?

What was the noise?

Did it over heat? the water in rads was (seemed !) hotter than normal .

Hope you read this before you reply to original header.

I will watch for the next hour or so and see if i get that sound again.

Andy

Reply to
Andy pandy

IIRc the pump is external to this boiler but is/should be powered from the boiler. Monitor the supply to and working of the pump if it happens again.

The noise sounds like a boiling boiler.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks Guys

Well I turned the potentiometer down and more importantly found lots of air in the upstairs radiators, and so bled them.

That was a few days ago and all seems ok for now.

Andy

Reply to
Andy pandy