baxi combi 80Eco hot water problem

could anyone please,help i have the above combi it is about 4 year

old,and has just started to play up,heats the rads great but when w run the hot water it fires up, water gets hot then light goes off o boiler and then water runs cold for a while then runs hot so on and s on can't even get a nice hot bath full advice please thank

-- sheffielder

Reply to
sheffielder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@diybanter.com, sheffielder scribed:

That's just what I'm getting with my Vaillant. (See my thread 'Combi Problems' of yesterday)

Seems as I shall be dismantling the secondary heat exchanger tomorrow and doing a descale with Fernox DS-3 Descaling crystals!

If that is not the problem, then I guess I shall be examining the possible replacement of the dhw overheat limiter sensor or its associated NTC-Resistor.

Either way, get it sorted quick before you do terminal damage to the gas control valve through over activity, as kindly pointed out to me by my correspondent in that thread! ;-)

hth N.

Reply to
nrh