Baxi Combi 130 HE pressure release valve info?

Hello all... Can anyone advise me on how to remove the large tapering red knob on the PRV? I spoke with a Baxi employee who told me that the red kno b could be removed easily to reveal the seal and seating which may need a c lean... I cannot fathom any way of removing it! It is quite loose until a bout 1/3 of a turn anticlockwise when it appears to engage the spring mecha nism... We are loosing pressure over a few days. Any help would be grea tly appreciated...

Reply to
Richardmerri

d knob on the PRV? I spoke with a Baxi employee who told me that the red k nob could be removed easily to reveal the seal and seating which may need a clean... I cannot fathom any way of removing it! It is quite loose until about 1/3 of a turn anticlockwise when it appears to engage the spring mec hanism... We are loosing pressure over a few days. Any help would be gr eatly appreciated...

It could also be your pressure vessel diaphragm has ruptured if you are los ing pressure in your system and having to keep topping up.

In which case the relief valve is doing it's job.

Reply to
harry

If you are losing pressure you need to start by ensuring the water loss is through the prv. Favourite method is to attach a poly bag over the end of the discharge pipe. If the loss is elsewhere the bag will remain empty. If the prv is letting water out there may be a loss of pressure cushion in the expansion vessel. I've never been inclined to bugger about with trying to rectify a weepy prv as they are cheap items and readily available. You could remove the label on the top of the plastic knob to see if there is a screw etc.

Reply to
johnjessop46

+1, once they are leaking I reckon they are dead. Note that they come in just about all flavours of male/female inlet/outlet, but BES have always had the one I need.
Reply to
newshound

d knob on the PRV? I spoke with a Baxi employee who told me that the red k nob could be removed easily to reveal the seal and seating which may need a clean... I cannot fathom any way of removing it! It is quite loose until about 1/3 of a turn anticlockwise when it appears to engage the spring mec hanism... We are loosing pressure over a few days. Any help would be gr eatly appreciated...

Thanks to all who have responded to my cry for help... PRV replacement fix ed the problem... Thanks again all...

Richard.

Reply to
Richardmerri