Baxi boiler error code 125

Hi I have a Baxi Duo-tec HE24 condensing boiler fitted in September and lately it has shut itself down for no apparent reason and shows error code E125. I try to reset it but this doesn't usually work and instead I have to switch off the boiler and turn it on again before it'll work. It's been happening more frequently lately and although it's still under warranty I was hoping that someone can give me an idea of what's the problem before I call out the installer. According to the users book it says the error code 125 may be due to a fault in the primary circulation or due to a blockage.

TIA Phil

Reply to
pp

What does the installer book say (it is actually a legal requirement to leave you the book). I'm guessing, but that code is probably over-heat?

So maybe problems like: No bypass. All TRVs shutdown in. Faulty sensor. Faulty pump.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

How are you going to check the answer given here is correct? It seems odd you turn to a newsgroup rather than call out a company and have it fixed under warranty. Is there any reason for that? Asking here will not get the boiler fixed, or haven't you worked that out yet!

Reply to
Mal

The installer book says "error 125 flashing - Ensure primary circulation is OK & that there is no blockage"

Phil

Reply to
pp

The installer should have left you the manual ... at the rear will be error code explanation and also flow charts to identify what component is causing the issue. If you don't have the manual - here it is:

46 is pretty explicit, and states the problem is almost certainly a failed pump.

Reply to
Osprey

What's your problem with me asking the question? Ever heard of curiosity? Of course I'm going to call out the company seeing as it's under warranty but even just a little bit of knowledge beforehand is useful. Isn't that what newsgroups are for, or haven't YOU worked that out yet!

Reply to
pp

IMHO: Some background knowledge is always helpful. The newsgroup also serves to broadcast discussions the content of which can be helpful to others at another time.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

replying to pp, Jamie Downham wrote: I?m also getting an E125 from this unstable beast of a boiler...

When I run the hot tap, the temperature rockets to 99, the pressure needle leaps towards the red and then it cuts out and starts flicking the E125s until it's reset.

Call in a pro, do you reckon? I?ve bled the radiators and viewed every home-made plumbing video going. Thanks.

Jamie Downham

replying to Jamie Downham, Bob wrote: He probably hasn't got the boiler any more. The post to which you are replying is over ten years old. Didn't you look at the date?

Reply to
Bob

Have you checked the pressure in the expansion vessel?

John Rumm

replying to Jamie Downham, Caroline wrote: Having this issue too! I had bled because showing E125 and now no hot water but heating! I am fed up with the Baxi boiler also was leaking and was told boiler is heating up too quickly.

Reply to
Caroline