Baxi Boiler annoyance

Hi,

I have a Baxi combi boiler 80e and I'm having problems. It's been dodgy for the past two weeks. I have had to keep the clock on 'constant', then the heating would fire up for a little while then switch off, then fire up again, switch off etc. This was not ideal, but kept the house warm.

Today it won't work at all. The pilot will light, I get the initial 'click n whoosh' thing, and can see the burner lighting, but then it will just go out. The power and heating green leds stay on, but the flame warning light then flashes. The pressure is fine - 1.5. I also can't get any hot water. I've been resetting it, switching it off, etc for hours now with no joy.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do myself to get it working again? I'm assuming it's not the thermal coupling,as I read somewhere that it wouldn't even light if the thermalcoupling was gone? (I know I might be wrong here) I can't afford a heating engineer until I get paid at the end of the month. I'm freezing, so any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks for reading.. I hope someone can help me out.

lemonpillows x

Reply to
lemonpillows

Is the pump running?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

On this boiler there are diagnostics. If it were the pump then th light flashing would be the one which looks like a circle with a cros through it, that represents the pump. I think that the flashing ligh you have indicates a problem with the main burner. There is a flam proving circuit known as a flame rectification. There are variou electrical leeds between the burner compartment and the pcb (jus behind the plastic backing to the pull down front flap). One leed i the Ht leed which lights the gas and the others conduct a direc current. The flame acts as a diode allowing current to pass in on direction, if there is no flame there is no current and the boiler goe into lockout. In your case there is an initial flame, and the warnin light you are getting implies perhaps something as simple as a leed ha come off or is shorting out. Check that and get back.

Pau

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker