Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 Boiler 50/4E lockout

Hi, I have the above boiler and am experiencing the following :-

When the timer calls for water the boiler will not ignite. I can hear the ignitor clicking but there is no ignition and the 'lockout' light comes on. If I reset the boiler as per instructions it works OK - igniting multiple times as required until the next new timed period, when the above sequence has to be performed.

I have check the pump and motorised valves and they are OK so I suspect the boiler. I rang Baxi who have quoted =A3219 for a repair. I stated that the boiler was 3.5 years old and already on its second PCB so I was reluctant to spend another =A3219 on it just yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem ?

Any advice gratefully recieved=20

Brian

Reply to
Brian

No particular order:

No gas - PCB, gas valve, gas supply (yeah right) or blocked injector. No flames - spark electrode shorting (but still ticking), igniter pylon broken, electrode missing or misplaced, debris near ignition area No detection of flames - lead, pylon and electrode (maybe same as above). or PCB.

As you can see the PCB mightn't be the cause.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks for the reply Ed,

What I can't understand is that if it's not the PCB, why does resetting the boiler make it work ?

I am going to take the firefront off this weekend and see if I can detect any of the problems that you've mentioned.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

It's an intermittent fault give it another go and you get lucky. This means that it's not likely to be something hard like a broken wire or a bad gas valve.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks again Ed,

I'll give it a good clean and disconnect / reconnect all the electrical connections.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Id recommend that you test the polarity to your BBU. If ok, ensure tha your getting 240v to the appliance..If your getting a spark at the pilo and no flame, check if there is gas to pilot, at time of ignition..yo have an oxy pilot and if there is fluff-lint, around the pilots ai port then it will not light. try these checks ...post me the result ..good luck....ps you have to be gas qualified to work on any ga applianc

-- gastec

Reply to
gastec

Id recommend that you test the polarity to your BBU. If ok, ensure tha your getting 240v to the appliance..If your getting a spark at the pilo and no flame, check if there is gas to pilot, at time of ignition..yo have an oxy pilot and if there is fluff-lint, around the pilots ai port then it will not light. try these checks ...post me the result ..good luck....ps you have to be gas qualified to work on any ga applianc

-- gastec

Reply to
gastec

replying to gastec, Muarrif wrote: Hi I have the exact same problem but we are in 2018 and biker is old. I do not see a resolution confirmation to the above. Could thermostat sensor 232215 be the culprit?

Reply to
Muarrif