Baxi Bermuda 552 back boiler

Hello,

My whole heating system is down and I cannot figure out the problem(s). Hoping someone can help!

Originally, hot water and 3 of 8 radiators worked (2 downstairs towards the rear of the house, and 1 upstairs at the front of the house). The heating had not been used all summer and I could hear the pump turning. (In fact, I pulled up the floorboards and the pump was vibrating and was not air locked.) I thought that it was just a case of bleeding the system. There was so much air that it was a few minutes of bleeding an upstairs radiator before the water even entered the radiator. The boiler was serviced 1 week before, and the technician reckoned that it might be the pump.

Now, after much bleeding of the system (which now seems to be full), the boiler does not fire up for the central heating, but it will if both the Hot water and the pump switch are on.

Why is this? Is it the gas valve? I presumed that the hot water was gravity-driven, is there a diverter valve on the Bermuda 552 model? One strange symptom that happens now is that when the boiler ignites when the pump switch and hot water is switched on, for about 5 seconds, water flows out of the downwards-facing pipe going into the Expansion tank in the attic. I have not seen any evidence of a leak.

Any answers to this problem(s) will be very much appreciated, Paul

Reply to
psw1974

Suggest you start here:

's far from complete but may answer some of your questions. Reading some of the related articles on the wiki and in the FAQ (link on article above) may also help

Reply to
John Stumbles