Baxi Bermuda

Hi On my baxi bermuda the pilot light won't stay on,I've followed the intructions to the letter,turning the grey knob and waiting three minutes etc but it's having none of it ,the light goes out soon as I release the knob. Exactly the right time of year for this to happen!! So boiler not providing heat or hot water. Anything I can do without blowing myself up? Thanks

Sounds like a classic thermocouple fault - assuming the pilot light is of the correct size.
Many sheds stock thermocouples - or any PM. It's an easy DIY job.
--
*I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

Thanks for that. Confirmed my suspicions. Just now got to figure out how to dismantle the fire and get at the thermocouple.
Cheers
London SW 12

Models vary - I've had 2, and they were both different. The top of the fire is likely to be held in place either with a spring loaded bar or with wires which pass through J-shaped tubes with locknuts on the ends.
You'll have to remove the radiants and the lagging behind them. You'll then find 2 pins passing through 2 lugs. Remove the pins, and lift the fire off - having disconnected the electrics, of course.
All the control gubbins slides out from under the heat exchanger, having undone one screw, turned off the gas, and disconnected the gas pipe at the crane (conical compression) joint.
You can then get at the pilot and thermocouple etc.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Mine does the same with tiresome regularity. You might want to try cleaning the pilot jets before replacing the thermocouple - just blow or hoover them out, don't poke anything into them. I find a straw sealed with masking tape to the nozzle on the vacuum cleaner to be just right for the job. The small side jet on the pilot seems to block up with dust every 6 months or so, weakening the flame and triggering the safety cut-out. The first time it happened I bought a new thermocouple, but I've never had to use it.
I don't think my house is dustier than anyone elses, but the dog likes to lay in front of the fire, and I suppose the dust and hair just gets sucked into the boiler cavity.
--
Phil

Thanks one and all. Problem solved. Not frozen anymore. Was a duff thermocouple. Total cost of repair 4.50