Baxi Barcelona - leaks

Hi, I have had the above for about 3 years and after about 8 months it leaked at the bottom of the insulator plate between burner and rear heat exchanger. The Baxi engineer replaced/remade the joint using what looked like clear silicon rubber. I have just noticed a slight leak at the back left side (it looks like condensate again (I hope!). I will have a proper look next week. My question is, was this a special silicon for high temperatures (that tha Baxi man had) or would any be OK for the bottom seal? Thanks

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

Hi, I have had the above for about 3 years and after about 8 months it leaked at the bottom of the insulator plate between burner and rear heat exchanger. The Baxi engineer replaced/remade the joint using what looked like clear silicon rubber. I have just noticed a slight leak at the back left side (it looks like condensate again (I hope!). I will have a proper look next week. My question is, was this a special silicon for high temperatures (that tha Baxi man had) or would any be OK for the bottom seal? Thanks

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

Mine also leaked condensate but it turned out to the condensate trap which was bunged up with debris. Following the instructions in the service manual I managed to remove the condensate trap, clean it out and re-fit it successfully.

I now perform a yearly service myself as these boilers really do need looking after.

Yours may be a different problem of course.

John

P.S. I hate the thing, worse buy of my life!

be OK for the bottom

Reply to
John Greenwood

Er yes. They are the origin of bad publicity for condensing boilers. IMHO

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , John Greenwood writes

Just for information, was the trap/fittings leaking or was it coming from the gasket because the condensate chamber was filling?

What do you use to re-seal the combustion box base?

Yep but I have also found the trap bunged up cleaned it out and it now seems better (the debris was almost up to the bottom of the entry pipe!

Hmm... oh dear, I have recommended a friend to have one as well!! but at the moment his seems OK.

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Peter Hemmings