Baxi 80E ho****er trouble..

The boiler is a combi system that has been installed for the last

years and serviced twice by Baxi, one time they had to replace the DH electrode.

It has been running fine for months (i.e. since the last service), bu the last couple of weeks the ho****er get hot then the burner goes off the water runs cold and about 10 seconds later the burner come back o but then it takes the water another 10 - 20 seconds to get warm / hot then a few seconds later it goes out again... result - run a bath on very slow flow rate (trickle) plus a couple of kettles......

I have noticed that the temp gauge goes upto the max of 90C even whe the water is coming through stone cold... I have removed the DHW Tem sensor which appeared to be mostly clean just some discolouration a its root which is clean off with some light glass paper - this has n effect..- does anyone have any suggestions please ?????

-- xavkemp

Reply to
xavkemp

Diverter valve - the rubber diaphragm perishes/springs a leak. Does the DHW work better when the central heating is on? If so, then it's

99.9% certain that the diverter valve needs replacing. It's a do-able job for a competent d-i-yer.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh