Bauknecht Dishwasher - 'Tap Closed'

I have a Bauknecht dishwasher (model GSF7199) which has the 'Tap Closed' warning light on. The manual is not hugely helpful but I have checked the feed into the machine and this is OK. I've also removed filters, meshes etc. from inside the machine and given them a good clean. While I was at it I didn't spot anything obviously blocked.
I've left it off for a couple of days in case something internal would re-set itself, but no joy. (I was clutching at straws there, I think.)
Any similar experiences with Baucknecht dishwashers? (Or any dishwashers, in fact.) I don't want to be overlooking something obvious before calling someone out.
Thanks.
PB
Paul B wrote:

suggesting the service tap external to it is closed. Most likely means the water inlet valve is kaput, probably the solenoid which you can measure with an testmeter. On washing machines these are normally easy to change. The inlet hose connection point is normally part of the inlet valve.

Thanks BillR. Will follow that up.