battery wireless interlinkes smoke alarms, with remote silence... that don't cost the earth?

Want to replace the 2 standard smoke alarms in the dormer bungalow, with a few of the interlinked ones,

Can't run wires to them easily, so they will need to be the battery operated Rf interlink ones,

I want to put in more than 2 tho, one will be in the middle of the hallway, which is where the kitchen leads off through an open arch,

Other will be at the top of the stairs on the small landing, (this is the one that always goes off first, hence a pain to go up to silence it, and often do it again 10 mins later as the GF seems to love cremating steaks for about 20 minutes)

i'd also like to add a smoke alarm in the games room (upstairs), most likely room for a fire to start i guess as i have a range of arcade machines dating from 1962 to the present day, and i also have my solder station on a workbench at the very back of that room (will i have problems with solder fumes and a smoke alarm?)

And if possible i'd like to put another smoke alarm in the bird shed, which is about 25 foot from where the hallway smoke would be, through a couple of walls, so likely at the end of the range of RF interlinked smokes (and what kind of smoke sensor, as feathers and dander float about in that room regularly)

BUT i have cables running between the bird shed and the games room (route the CCTV cables go and a lan cable) so i could wire between the bird shed smoke and the games room smoke... if that's possible, i just cant wire between games room and landing and hall.

We also want a remote silence button, again has to be wireless as it will be located in the kitchen.

Any recommendations, that dont cost the earth (btw, i don't consider 30 quids a piece as expensive for a good smoke alarm like someone else on here :)

Reply to
Gazz