Battery powered vacuum cleaners

Are any of the current crop of battery powered Vacuum any use ?

Last bought one about 10 years and it was useless.

Anybody got any good esperiences or will I just get a small hand-held mains operated one ?

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

The ones I have tried have not been very good: dustbuster, jcb

At present I have a lervia, which comes from lidl or aldi (I forget which) have a two year guarantee and cost less than ten pounds. The suction is good, the dust they blow about is not terrible (unlike the others I have tried.

So, unless they are cheap or you can return them, don't expect too much.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Depends entirely on what you want it to do Paul. I've been in the commercial vacum game for 25 years, tell me more & I could probably help.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , Paul Mc Cann wrote

In my experience they are still completely useless. They are okay for picking up what the manufactures demonstrate them with - usually Rice Crispies or some other lighter than air breakfast product :).

The smallest one that I own that works properly is one of the £25/£30

1300W mains powered found in most large supermarkets.
Reply to
Alan