Bathrooms in flats

Page 2 of 2
PoP wrote:

I my limited experience this sort of thing is standard for a conversion, especially in London. At my current flat, the WC waste was actually on a slight upward slope! Amazingly, it only blocked occasionally. The same bloke must have done the flat below, because nearly two square metres of the inner layer of the exterior wall was demolished to make a small hole for a 110mm vent. This left several joists under a cupboard unsupported in my flat, and it very nearly collapsed when I converted that space into a kitchen...

described almost exactly the problems I have at our flat.