Bathrooms in bedrooms...

Pics 8 and 10.

So go on - how does building regs deal with a bathroom in a bedroom?

Reply to
mogga

What happens if you've had a curry?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Someone hasn't thought it through, the loo roll will go all soggy as soon as the shower is used. ;-)

There's no lip apparent round the edge of the "wetroom" area, either, and the shower tray looks awfully shallow. A disaster waiting to happen. IP65 electrics needed for the room below?

Reply to
John Williamson

I had a jaccuzzi in the bedroom of my last house.

Reply to
harryagain

Pic 12. That fluffy bog mat is going to get a bit damp...

Reply to
Adrian

you have that problem in all wet rooms

tim

Reply to
tim......

And the drawers are going to fill up with water.

Reply to
Piers

Given where the bed's located not only will SWMBO hear it coming out, she'll see it as well.

Reply to
Piers

On Tuesday 17 December 2013 18:29 mogga wrote in uk.d-i-y:

It's basically an en-suite - they do not have to have a door.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Well spotted, the whole thing is an exercise in misdesign but in a sad kinda way that does fit in with the equally unacceptable chalet style frontage, wot a dump.

Ah, Norwich!

Reply to
fred

I don't see any evidence of an extractor fan, so as well as getting damp and steamy when the shower is used the bedroom could also get rather smelly.

Reply to
pcb1962

With respect to wiring regs, then its treated as a room with a bath or shower, and hence some of the complications that come with that.

Reply to
John Rumm

Be better if they moved the bog, then you could watch the telly while having a dump.

Reply to
The Other Mike

you can squat over the shower tray whilst puking into the pan :-)

The tumble dryer vent hose is a little surprising given there's an external wall, and swapping the WM and TD would mean the doors didn't open in opposition, so making it easier to transfer stuff from one to the other.

Not many bookshelves ...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

mogga scribbled...

The side-saddle crapper will ensure the shower will get a lot of use.

Reply to
Artic

Dunno but many older b/bs had them for years. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Wet room" it says. Which it will be. Permanently.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

I think someone put it there for the photo, the house has obviously been arranged for the photos.

Reply to
chris French

As long as there is ventilation there should be no problem with building regs. The glass wall looks to ensure that any sockets are at least three metres away from the shower by the shortest route.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

One of the many reasons that wet rooms are crap.

Reply to
Huge