Bathroom zoning

OK from what I can gather an extractor fan should be 60 cm for a zone 2, however I am juggling things around and wondered if the attached although not 60 cmc the fan will be located `round the corner` a 90 degree turn and wouldnt be able to receive a direct splash.

I have 267mm from the shower screen and then another 170mm recessed back in the window. The fan would sit where the red line is.

Would this be ok, or not?

Image:

ss

Is the shower screen tall enough to prevent the fan from being reached from within the shower? Assuming the shower screen is "permanent", then the 60

0mm would be measured horizontally from the nearest edge of the door openin g and vertically from the the top edge of the shower screen.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

Another option is to run duct to the bathroom and put an inline fan in the loft at a convenient location.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You can fit the vent of a ducted fan or a ELV fan anywhere you like in a bathroom as long as you follow the instructions. Some are rated for powered jets of water not just splashes.

Reply to
dennis

I will be repacing the screen so could get one taller.

Trying to avoid ducting if possible (ground floor) as I may have issues with lintels due to location, and I dont have tools for that. Fan is rated IPx4, It certainly wouldnt get any direct hits from splashes as it is `round the corner`

Reply to
ss