Bathroom Wall... order of layers?

Looks like the bathroom wall gets it this weekend. As I mentioned before a while ago it's a single brick edwardian/victorian addition so I have the following

Polythene sheet membrane, 34 x 34 batons, 25mm polystyrene sheets for between batons and pine cladding for top surface.

Should I hang the membrane up first then fix everything over the top or put the battons & insulation directly to the wall then cover with membrane and clad over?

I's not a mission critical job as anything is going to be better than was there before... fluffy plaster and a big sheet of chip board as insulation it might seem.

Cheers Pete

Reply to
unknown

UK's No.1 Fitness Equipment Suppliers.http= ://water-rower.co.uk- Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.http://tr=ade-price-supplements.co.uk- Bulk Order Supps. at Trade Prices

Surely the membrane goes as close to the warm_and_damp side as possible. That is, just under the pine cladding.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Laws

I don't know really. I was thinking it was a matter of reducing the moisture from outside -> in due to the absence of a cavity, but... then again, having it closest to the cladding would be tes same as foil backed plasterboard so I guess that's where it should really go.

Reply to
unknown