Bathroom tiling - uneven wall

I've just replaced a bit of plasterboard in our bathroom where an old shower had leaked and rotted it away. I'm going to seal it with some wondrous paint on sealant stuff that a builder friend has given me and tile stright on top. as there will be no skim level its not quite at the same level (2mm approx) as the existing plasterboard around it.

what's the best way of making this level? can I put a skim layer of plaster or filler ontop of the sealant or should I build it up with tile adhesive and try to make it as even as possible?

Reply to
kev208

I'm worried about the wondrous paint-on sealant - the idea is not to waterproof the plasterboard but to prevent the water from getting through the tiles...

Anyway - if it's only 2mm I would have thought you can make up that using tile adhesive when you tile it. If not, then yes, skim it first. Doesn't need to be too beautifully done if it's under tiles.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Can't quite see the difference in this case

Tile adhesive trowels on beautifully, and dries quite quickly. I've used it often for fine feathering type filling, usually 'cos it's there ready mixed.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Forget the wonder seal, if you must just skim it with plaster to level it. Thats probably easier than using thick tile cement.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher