Bathroom - tiles or cladding

I'm giving the bathroom a sort out and have removed all of the existing tiles off two of the walls - intending to retile with new.

SWMBO has just seen in a bathroom catalogue a bathroom which has half-height - what looks like - tongue and groove painted cladding. I'm thinking (or under pressure) of doing same.

I guess I would just put up say three horizontal battens on each wall and then the t&g. BUT one of the walls will have new loo and sink on it - so some of t&g will abut them. Also the walls are now quite uneven having knocked of old tiles - OK putting on new ones; but how best to ensure battens are true on the uneven wall.

I've never used this - any experiences or views?

Reply to
Peter Ramm

am planning using this product when I put in a new bathroom suite instead of re-tiling.

Reply to
thewelshman

plastic or wood? if its plastic, think bargepoles. I wrote a piece on it here several months back, try googling for it, with all the downsides over tiling.

NT

Reply to
bigcat