Bathroom supplementary bonding question

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:57:27 +0000, Andy Wade mused:

Now that will be handy, my house (being the house that a sparks resides in) has no supplementary bonding to speak of!

Reply to
Lurch

Ah, OK.

But I thought it *wasn't* required to bond to the lighting cpc if you only have SELV lights now? (Or am I going round in circles here...)

David

Reply to
Lobster

By definition SELV (= *separated* extra low voltage) must be separated from earth [etc.]. So you certainly mustn't bond to the ELV side (but if you do it will no longer be SELV).

Reply to
Andy Wade

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:21:03 GMT someone who may be Lobster wrote this:-

The strict interpretation is that it is not required if the transformers are not within the zones. However, it is as well to do it for the reasons already given and if it feeds any other equipment in the zones it will have to be bonded anyway.

Reply to
David Hansen