Bathroom shaver socket

Rather than install a standard large shaver socket in the tiled wall my idea is to put a single switched outlet inside a cupboard in zone 3 of the bathroom. I would connect my contactless shaver charger to this.

As far as I can see this does not fall foul of the regs - am I correct?

-- rbel

Reply to
rbel

Zone three no longer exists - it was removed with the introduction of the 17th edition. Sockets are permitted in bathrooms now so long as they are 3m from the end of zone 2 (so only large bathrooms need apply!)

depends on how far away the cupboard is, and whether you need a tool to open in.

Reply to
John Rumm

The cupboard is part of a run of fitted furniture (tool not required to open it) and will be within 3 metres of the edge of the bath, however, I had thought of using a switched connection unit rather than a socket and hardwiring the contactless shaver charger to it.

This would not be new wiring, just picking up that to the existing, now redundant, shavolite.

-- rbel

Reply to
rbel

And if nobody looks who cares in any case as long as the people are sensible.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yup hard wired to a FCU is fine...

(although as Brian said, its your place, and you are not proposing anything inherently stupid, so just do what is sensible)

Reply to
John Rumm

I think in general that's good advice too - just with the caveat that if you are thinking of selling the property any time, any visible 'non-standard' electrical wiring is likely to cause a surveyor to flag up a "DIY electrics alert" which could end up being a real pain.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Why not just put a shaver socket in the cupboard?

Reply to
ARWadsworth