Bathroom overhaul - tile on tile or ... ?

Bathroom suite needs replacing after about 15 years.

Problem - all four walls are tiled from floor to ceiling, and I really don't fancy starting this over again from scratch (because of mullered plasterboard and walls etc when the tiles are removed / hacked off).

I'm looking to move house within the next 2 years or so (hopefully for the last but one time) so am looking to do this project cost effectively (i.e. less than £1K in total).

Any suggestions as to alternatives ?

Tile on tile ??

. . . or perhaps something else that I could overlay onto the existing tiled walls ??

tia

Reply to
Tony