Bathroom Light Fitting

Hi

I have a very silly (but hopefully easy) question. The lightbulb in my bathroom light has blown, and I need to replace it - but I can't figure out how to remove the cover for the light fitting! I've only recently moved to the UK, and I'm wondering if maybe you use a fitting type here that I'm not used to - it won't unscrew, it just turns and turns and turns. I don't see any catches or anything, although there is one spot where it looks like you might put a coin or a screwdriver in, maybe to pry the cover loose; but it doesn't seem to do anything, and I'm worried about breaking it.

Any ideas? There's a sticker on it saying that it's made by Powerlite, and looking at

it looks like their Decordrum, which mentions a snap on diffuser, but doesn't give any clues on how to take it off.

Reply to
CJ

You have answered your own question really.

The rim will possibly have a small cut-out to insert a coin or a screwdriver if a coin is too small to get leverage to "pop" the cover off

Reply to
Robbo

I think you just pull down on the white part .It will have three or maybe more clips around holding it on .

Reply to
Stuart

On 10 Dec 2006 11:42:44 -0800 someone who may be "CJ" wrote this:-

If there are no screw heads visible anywhere on the fitting then the cover presumably snaps off.

Remember that the bulb may have the sensible bayonet cap and thus not unscrew as you may be used to.

Even by the standards of s**te web sites that one is particularly bad. It didn't have any information that I could see, unless one wants to download proprietary format Acrobat files. Undoubtedly designed by a graphic artist.

Reply to
David Hansen