Bathroom Flooring (replacing floorboards)

Thinking about re-doing the bathroom from the floor up. Anyone tell me what the norm is these days when replacing wooden floorboards?
I'm sure the last place I saw build had a chipboard floor in the bathroom that was treated to repel water - could be going mad....
Cheers Dan.

Thx colin. I was more thinking of removing the floor boards. We had a small leak that discoloured the lath and plaster ceilig down in the kitchen - and I'm now paranoid. The leaks are sealed (bath edge) but the plaster (which was already blown) is now cut out and leaving it all breath for a week or so before I patch it back up.
I'm planning a complete re-build of the bathroom with a new suite, tiles etc in due course - but wanted to know that - if I got bored, I could rip the old one out and replace the floor with "x".
It's got sealed cork tiles on top of the floorboards at the moment and they seem to work quite well.
Cheers Dan.