Bathroom Fitting Order

Folks,

I'm about to fit a bathroom and I'd just like to confirm the best order to fit things,

I was thinking the following:

  1. Fit the bath 2. Lay the floor (wooden) 3. Skirting boards 4. Tile the walls 5. Fit toilet and sink

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks Jon

Reply to
JonG

I would do it in this order

  1. Tile the walls (apart from bottom rows around bath and floor. (this avoids damage to bath and floor by dropped tiles, adhesive etc).
  2. Fit Bath
  3. Lay floor
  4. Skirting Boards
1a. Finish off the tiling and sealant
  1. Fit toilet & Sink

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Thats pretty much my way except I often tile last of all after everything is in place. I have a penchant for 'built in' basins...and pipework to them and the toilet.

If its a simple install then I accept that tiling before fitting the toilet cistern is a Good Thing. But trial fit it before tiling to make sure you have suitable bits of wood to mount it off, in stud walls anyway.

I think my toilet was in and out about three times ...once to get the pipework mostly in place, then out to get the boxing done and the floor laid, then in to check and adjust the pipework, then out to get the tiling done, then in finally. Actually I had to take it out AGAIN and redo te boxing where it foiled the downpipe..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

you could leave out the skirtings if you are tiling to floor not really needed in a bathroom, I fitted the bath first then tiled then toilet and basin best possible finish and very neat

Reply to
Alex