Bathroom Fitters

Hi, anyone know what a reasonable quote for removing old and installing a new bathroom (standard 2x2m size)? I've had some at =A32500, which sound very expensive.

Reply to
bartlett_jane

Just the suite or tiling as well? What about flooring, decoration, lighting etc? Does the quote include sorting out dodgy pipework, disintegrating plaster, rotting flooring etc that one often finds when doing such a job?

Last bathroom I did I charged £3K to do everything including new flooring and skirting, tiling, painting, new lighting etc, and still came away wishing I'd asked a bit more given the amount of fiddling around to do a decent job. OTOH just changing a suite would be under £1K if the pipework etc is OK. I know some fitters will work for less than me, and some will charge more.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Whilst it is not at the cheap end of the likely price range it is certainly nowhere near the 'very' expensive end, you'd have a "1" extra for that.

tim

Reply to
tim

Give a clue as to the work involved and you may get a reasonable answer. Is it just a straight like for like bath, basin and WC swap, or also strip tiles and retile, or also put in a shower cubicle and tray, or.....? What are you supplying etc. etc? Depending on what you want doing £2500 is either a rip off or bargain. Could also depend on where you are geographically.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

wrote

Hi, anyone know what a reasonable quote for removing old and installing a new bathroom (standard 2x2m size)? I've had some at £2500, which sound very expensive.

If they are supplying top quality suite, shower, designer rad, extractor etc and fully tiling it sounds pretty close.

Reply to
TheScullster

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:29:41 +0100, TheScullster wrote (in article ):

I'd agree.

I've just been costing up materials for my cloakroom refurbishment project and good quality materials/designs are relatively expensive.

At this point I'm at £1500 or so for wall mount pan/frame/ flush, counter-top basin and quality wall mount tap and designer stainless steel towel rail. materials only

Even with relatively low end stuff (leaving out the very bottom end), it was hard to get much under £500.

Moderately priced bathroom suites with all components and tiles are going to come to £1000 -1500 so if anything, £2500 seems very reasonable including labour..

It would be a good idea to check the materials prices at on line prices to figure out the labour content.

Reply to
Andy Hall