Bathroom fan with light?

Would I be right in thinking that the 110 mm fans with integral lights are only really suitable for lighting showers? Son's new (80's) flat has dead fan (over the sink) and nasty pendant light in (very small) bathroom. Looking for easiest fix without having to disturb too much plasterboard.

Reply to
newshound

On 17 Jun 2014, newshound grunted:

I'd say so; mainly because they are by definition used with downlighter lamps, and essentially will only illuminate a pool of light directly below them.

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks. Since posting that I found one with a 150 mm curved glass diffuser plate about 30 mm below the LED cluster light, shown used as a wall-light. But I think we'll go with separate units: more flexibility.

Reply to
newshound