Bathroom fan switch rules

Does the isolation switch for a bathroom fan have to be 'out in the open' as it were or can it just be accessible in the same way as junction boxes etc. must be accessible?

In other words can I put the isolation switch somewhere that's accessible if you're going to service the fan but not accessible if you're just using the bathroom?

Also I believe the isolation switch must be two pole (if at the supply end of things) or even three pole if it's adjacent to the fan and thus needs to break the time delay feed as well. Come to think of it a three pole switch is almost mandatory isn't it, otherwise you just about have to turn the light off as well.

Reply to
usenet

Yes. 3 pole isolators for fans are widely available.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle