Bathroom drainage with a door in the way.

We are gradually planning the 'Great Bathroom Reorganisation'.

We have an dressing room we want to turn into an ensuite, the current bathroom for the house which is supposed to be an ensuite/main bathroom combined - this is being turned back into a bedroom. And there is a bathroom that is really only used as spare bedroom (no functional shower, bath ok but not really needed as kids prefer the other one, and hand basin, no toilet) that we want to refit to use as the house bathroom again.

This raises various issues, the one that is the point of this post is drainage in the ensuite. Though we haven't finalised the design, but there is almost certainly going to be a doorway (between the bedroom and the ensuite) in the way of the obvious drainage route for either the bath or shower.

The room is rectangular, window at one end, door into the hallway at the other which we want to keep. So we can't go round the long way. Soil pipe is on the same wall as the window (about 4 - 5m along), but can't just drop under the floor out and then along the wall as there is a hipped, slated, bay window roof in the way.

The general plan is to run drainage for the ensuite through into the adjoining room, internally along the external wall (boxed in )to get to the soil pipe.

So I'm wondering about some sort of pumped drainage for the bath or shower (probably shower I suspect). My parents have a floor level flat access shower for my dad, that has a pump arrangement that sucks up the water from the tray, but I'd prefer something that will work with a standard shower tray.

Nothing obvious leapt out on a web search, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of this, or knows of a solution?

(Note, no WC involved, so no Saniflo disaster scenarios to wory about :-) )

Reply to
chris French

Not enough space under the roof for a bit of 40mm pipe? Though I guess the real problem is no access to the void under the bay roof. A bay is pretty small remove the slates probably not all of 'em, do the drainage, replace.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've got one of the small saniflo units for showers (can't remember the name though) which is plumbed to a sink, then has a 20mm ish output going to a distant drain. It's been installed about 4 years so far with no problems. You should be able to find it on the saniflo website somewhere.

Alan.

Reply to
AlanD

The bay window is along from this room, I would have run along the outside wall to go in one side of the roof and out the other. There is a brick built porch outside the intended bathroom which would potentially be in the way, but that could be dealt with.

It's also on the front of the house, which fronts directly onto the pavement, so any job needs to look good and neat. It's also a Grade II listed and LA might be unhappy about it, might not as it is on the front of the house.

Reply to
chris French