bathroom design

All

I am looking at bathroom design, the position of devices is somewhat fixed due to the shape, and location of pites etc, but I would like to remove all the mistakes that plague me, any suggestions ?

So far I have

- Make towel rail out of scaffold poles, anchored 2 foot into the 4 foot thick stone wall - so kids can't rip it down

- Same with loo roll holder

- Tile - floor and all walls

- Use aquaboard not plasterboard

- Put vapaor barrier behind aquaboard

- Have slight step down into the bathroom - stop water running under the door.

- have lightswitch outside - so kids can't pull pull-cord switch out of ceiling

- find some way of connecting lecie shower so it don't make tiles look a mess when it breaks and needs replacing.

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick

Kill the kids.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Use free standing towel rail. Then they can put it back in position. Use long low level radiator (1' x 3') adjacent to towel rail to provide warming.

End feed and free standing. Adjust as per towel rail!

Ensure bath mat can absorb at least 10 gallons of water.

Agreed.

Shouldn't be necessary.

See bath mat.

Use remote control. See Lidl special offers.

Install in Fibreglass shower cubicle. Very few joins and no tile grout to go green/black.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol