Bath waste fittings

Hi All

I would like to replace the unsightly waste pipes from the bath with something more pleasing to the eye. It has a standard P trap on at the mo but could I use a bottle trap or something?

Reply to
oldskoolskater

You could.

Even better would be a HepVO trap which is not much larger than the waste pipe into which it fits.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On 2 Apr 2007 23:59:49 -0700 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@mailinator.com wrote this:-

Why are they unsightly?

Could they be covered?

You could, though you will then end up clearing it out frequently. Bottle traps and baths (and kitchen sinks) are not a good combination.

Reply to
David Hansen

It's a cast iron bath with a long P trap underneath it, so is on show to a certain extent. I would prefer to have something that dropped from the bottom of the bath and straight under the floorboards if poss.

Wondered if bottle traps don't allow the same flow rate through them as P traps or not?

Reply to
oldskoolskater

There are chromed P traps and overflow fittings for use with stand-alone roll-top baths. (Not cheap, natch!). If you dropped the pipes straight through the floor you could have a plastic trap downstream under the floor and out of sight - either HepVO as Andy suggests or a running trap if space allows. However you might have trouble getting chromed pipe and fittings to do the above-ground bits. Of course you might be happy with polished (and preferably laquered) copper and brass fittings. BES is probably your best bet for these, and the bathroom showrooms for the standard Chromed bits.

Reply to
John Stumbles

On 3 Apr 2007 04:20:05 -0700 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@mailinator.com wrote this:-

Plenty of cast iron baths have panels to cover the pipework.

Reply to
David Hansen

Yup: not long ago I ripped all the tacky hardboard panels off one, had the bath resurfaced, put decent taps and a chromed waste on it and redecorated the room. It transformed something that looked like an old Shelter ad into something that looks like a coffee-table glossy ad :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thanks guys

Hadn't thought about chrome waste fittings but since everything else in the room is chrome this makes sense!

Reply to
oldskoolskater