bath waste filter

Is there a filter that would fit a bath waste (inline or otherwise). I need something to filter out hairs etc as the water is pumped overboard (on a boat) as the hairs etc. can clog up the automatic float switch. It needs to fit somewhere along the standard bath waste pipe (32 or

40mm pipe). Anyone know of such a thing and where I could get (make?) one???
Reply to
macson

|Is there a filter that would fit a bath waste (inline or otherwise). I |need something to filter out hairs etc as the water is pumped overboard |(on a boat) as the hairs etc. can clog up the automatic float switch. |It needs to fit somewhere along the standard bath waste pipe (32 or |40mm pipe). Anyone know of such a thing and where I could get (make?) |one???

Caravan and all other UK Bath, and basin wastes include a hair trap. The water passes though an array of about 1/4 inch dia holes for this purpose.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

You can/could get them for basins and showers, they fit above the waste outlet and are held on by springy prongs going down through the plughole grating. Try chemists' shops next to the hairwashing handsprays. No use in a bath though.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

or you could maybe improvise with a filter from a dishwasher (maybe?) or something similar

Reply to
Gav

|Dave Fawthrop wrote: |> On 28 Mar 2006 08:18:03 -0800, "macson" wrote: |> |> |Is there a filter that would fit a bath waste (inline or otherwise). I |> |need something to filter out hairs etc as the water is pumped overboard |> |(on a boat) as the hairs etc. can clog up the automatic float switch. |> |It needs to fit somewhere along the standard bath waste pipe (32 or |> |40mm pipe). Anyone know of such a thing and where I could get (make?) |> |one??? |> |> Caravan and all other UK Bath, and basin wastes include a hair trap. The |> water passes though an array of about 1/4 inch dia holes for this purpose. | | |or you could maybe improvise with a filter from a dishwasher (maybe?) or |something similar

I remember reading the regulations years ago about what you could

*then* put into the sewers. Human hair was specifically excluded. That is presumably why the traps are there.
Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Am doing something similar at the moment, in your case I'd look at a couple of 32/40mm tank connectors, a 'lock n lock' storage container (tall as will fit), and some mesh from a bird feeder.

Also try asking on uk.rec.waterways

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C