Bath Tap water taking ages to come out?

Hi We recently had our bathroom installed, with a Sottini screw valve(not ceramic) bath shower mixer taps, the hot is gravity fed from the hot tank about 1 metre away on roughly the same level, with the cold water tank about

2.5 metres above. The cold is on the mains with a Caleffi pressure limiting valve with a dial on it on which the current selected pressure is 0.5 bar. We began noticing that the hot did not come out first thing in the morning, it would take upto a couple of minutes before which nothing comes out, then with a bit of turning off and on(not sure if that really affects) the hot comes out. After we came back from holiday we turned the hot on and it took about 20 minutes to come out! Please can anyone tell us what may be the problem? Our builder suggested the tap may be faulty???

Thanks,

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Had a similar problem with our mixer tap, the hot wouldn't flow even though it was from a combi boiler so at mains pressure. Took the tap apart, washer OK but replaced it anyway and added a bit of silicon grease. Worked for a while then same fault again. Stripped it down again, bit more grease and made sure washer part moved up and down in tap body, been OK since.

Reply to
Mortimer

Thanks Mortimer, was your tap brand new? Did you mean it doesn't flow however long you leave it? Ours will flow but seems to takes longer depending on how long we leave it- what I am thinking is could it be some sort of airlock?

Martin

Reply to
Martin