Bath screens

We're looking to put a 4-fold screen on the edge of our bath rather than have a shower curtain. Screwfix do a white one for about 60; B+Q do a range for under 80, but local Bathroom Showroom shops seem to start selling them at 350. What's so good about the expensive ones to justify that price?
--
Selah

Don't know, but I had the B&Q one in silver with clear glass and it was excellent. It folded nicely away, unlike shower curtains which may as well be coated in superglue.
Christian.

Be aware that, unlike in the pictures, if you position the shower head at about 6 feet above the floor of the bath (so your average bloke can stand under it without stooping) the shower head (and your head) is well above the top of the screen. Therefore water will splash over the top of the screen, causing comments about udders on bulls etc. Have a Homebase 4 fold shower screen sitting in the hall because I couldn't find the receipt and return it. [I have every single other bl**dy receipt I can think of, some only pence, but....] The shower curtain works a treat, but isn't nearly so pretty.
Hmph.
Dave R

I can't say I experienced this. I'm 6'2" and positioned the shower head accordingly.
Christian.

What a sweeping generalisation!
I'm 6ft, I don't stoop to stand under the shower and there is no such problem. It depends on the height of the screen and the depth of the bath.
The problem with shower screens is that they're not wide enough so water splashes around them onto the floor. This wouldn't happen with a curtain that was the full length of the bath. Now I'm generalising ;-)
Andrew
On 17 Oct 2003 01:21:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sheerstock.fsnet.co.uk (Andrew) wrote:

Exactly Andrew. I have a screen that is 29" and the water gets round and on to the floor when the shower is at the "preferred" angle . Ideally I would want a screen at least another 10" wider . Stuart ---------
Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Hi Dave,
You shouldn't need the receipt to return it to B&Q. They should at least offer you a credit note, which you can spend in store on something you *do* want.
If they refuse, threaten them with Trading Standards.
Matt

He'll have a hard job trying to persuade B&Q take back a Homebase shower screen even with the receipt!
While it is in theory perfectly true that you do not need a receipt to return an item, you do need a proof of purchase. If You refuse they'll quote you trading standards!
--
Joe Finlay

DOH! Havin' a bad day!

THEY wouldn't dare ask, would they? ;-p
"Joseph Finlay" wrote | While it is in theory perfectly true that you do not need a receipt | to return an item, you do need a proof of purchase. If You refuse | they'll quote you trading standards!
If the item was bought with a credit card take along the credit card voucher or even the credit card statement and say "I bought this on this date and want a refund". If the shop refute that, the onus is on them to go through their records and show what was actually bought in that credit card transaction.
Owain
Stephen Gower wrote:

good seal against the wall. We've just put a Showerlux 4-fold screen in our current bathrooms. It was a gob-smacking 350, but it is definitely a quality bit of kit - well-made, good looking and does a good sealing job. You pays your money... tony