bath problem

Bought a bath from B&Q, fitted it in the upright position, like the one in the showroom, cant get the water to stay in the bath !! What have I done wrong please ? mary

Reply to
mary

You should go to B&Q Warehouse instead. They have more floor area than the standard stores, so the baths can be mounted horizontally. What I don't understand is how you got the water in the first place. I've found the taps never seem to work.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You've got the wrong type of water, you can get an adaptor to go on the tap. They should have checked when they sold it to you, typical B&Q.

Reply to
enuff

You need to take it back - they seem to have shipped some in that were meant for installing in equatorial regions.

PoP

PoP

Whoever it was that used the toilet on display had the same problem when they came to flush it...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Put the plug in?????? Tel

Reply to
take away nojunk

"mary" wrote | Bought a bath from B&Q, fitted it in the upright position, like | the one in the showroom, cant get the water to stay in the bath!!

Was there water in the one in the showroom? Of course there wasn't. These are special baths produced for Home Makeovers where the property is done up and then sold quickly. You don't use them for having baths in.

Because there wasn't water in the one in the showroom B&Q weren't representing the bath as being suitable for holding water, so unless you explicitly told the sales assistant that you wanted it for this non-standard activity I'm afraid you have no recourse under consumer law.

B&Q have started making warning announcements about these baths in store but perhaps you couldn't hear them amongst all the "cancel call for orang-utan to checkout six please".

| What have I done wrong please ?

I don't want to add to your woes, but you'll probably find that after some three-year-old has wandered away from its parents and crapped in the loo it won't flush either.

You haven't bought a kitchen from them as well have you? Because I can tell you now that if you hang your hob vertically on the wall above head height like they do in the shop, the saucepans don't stick on.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

But can u imagine the mess with the wall mounted toilets ;>)

Reply to
TOGGY

In practice this at least prevents people's kids taking a dump in the display bogs, which is a real problem. Caravan bogs at exhibitions invariably have the lids well taped down for the same reason. The wonderful public...

Reply to
Niall

Every time you plug it in to the socket you'll notice the fuse blows. So this is certainly a faulty bath.

Reply to
BigWallop

They are designed for use in rotating rooms.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Lol

Reply to
R W

In article , Owain writes

B&Q Worthing have helpfully stacked the 20mm leccy conduit in the same slot as the 15 mm plastic barrier CH pipe. If you live in W Sussex, don't send SWMBO there with instructions to 'get three more of those 2 metre plastic barrier pipes to finish of the CH project.

Reply to
Andrew