Bath Overflow Pipe

Hello -

I am experiencing the problem of water coming up the bath overflow resulting in a constant trickle of water into the bath. I have tried plunging the bath drain with the overflow covered - but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this - and a solution.

Thank you

Douglas Hartley

Reply to
dougval

*Up* the overflow? Blimey, I don't know - a poultergeist maybe?

I can't imagine how it could be possible unless the output of the overflow is plumbed in somewhere very odd. Can you access it to find out?

Does it happen all the time; and/or with the plug in and bath filled? and/or with the plug out and bath empty? or only while the bath is emptying?

Does the bath drain quickly (ie any evidence of blockages in the waste pipe?)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I seem to recall a toilet cistern overflow being connected into a bath waste once. It think it was to safe putting a pipe through the wall.

Reply to
John

The message from "dougval" contains these words:

Very odd, particularly the way you tell it.

If it really doesn't come up the plughole when the plug isn't in then the overflow must be plumbed into the wrong pipe.

If the trickle does come up the plughole how on earth does the bath ever drain?

Have the side panel off and see where the pipes really go.

Reply to
Roger