Bath Oil damage

Hi
I have a fibreglass bath and I didn't clean the bath immediately after having a bath with bath oil and now I cannot shift it.
The oil has left a film that's hard like glue.
I have tried, normal bath cleaners, soaking the bath in hot water, a steam cleaner, jif (of CIF now), washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, washing powder, folex, Mr Muscle kitchen, bathroom and window cleaner, Stain removers, limescale remover.
I can't think of anything else to try and although it's starting to get thinner the film is still solid.
Can anyone suggest anything else.
Thanks
Wendy
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

White spirit, then wash off the white spirit with soap/water.
--
Grunff

You could try some more of the same oil. It might dissolve itself. Then wash away properly with water before it solidifies. That's assuming any solvents you have lying around won't work.
Christian.

Contact your supplier and ask for a replacement as the one supplied is not fit for the purpose of normal bathing.
Unless there was some written or verbal warning that bath oils should not be used with this particular bath I don't think you will have any difficulty in getting the bath replaced even if it is more that 12 months old.
Richard. You scrub my back I will scrub yours :-))
.
Richard wrote:

Absolute nonsense! No consumer product can have warnings against every possible misuse.
In any case, I don't believe the oil has damaged the bath, just stained it. My bath has some pretty horrible limescale stains - does that mean it's not fit for purpose?
--
Grunff

be
in
How do you know it's the bath that is defective, and not the oil?
Mal
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:59:36 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Try WD40. Seriously; it seems to get anything off anything.