Basin pedestals

Does anyone have experience fitting a replacement basin to an existing pedestal?

I've only gone and sheered the bottom of a 1950s ceramic (!) basin while trying to replace the waste. I've found one from Wickes (Hamilton range) that looks similar but I don't want to use their pedestal as a) I'd have to pay for it b) it's ugly as sin c) the carpet is cut to the footprint of the existing pedestal

What are my chances of getting one that fits the 1950s pedestal?

Reply to
alamaison

to replace the waste. I've found one from Wickes (Hamilton range) that looks similar but I don't want to use their pedestal as

Paul Herber

trying to replace the waste. I've found one from Wickes (Hamilton range) that looks similar but I don't want to use their pedestal as

as a new one.

Reply to
alamaison

much as a new one.

Yes, but maybe still cheaper than buying a new basin *and* a new carpet?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

e as much as a new one.

Could you adapt new cheap basin to old pedestal using, erm, car body filler?

Or cut out a piece of thick plywood in the shape of the old pedestal and paint it to fill the hole in the carpet. Put new pedestal on top.

Or built up a nice mini vanity unit column in ply and stand a basin or 'washbowl' on top.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

much as a new one.

Don't call him that - he is trying to help! ;-)

Better still: if you can't fix it, don't break it.

Reply to
PeterC