Basin mixer taps

The wife wants mixer taps on the new bathroom basin that looks a bit like:

I can find a bath mixer taps with 3/4" BSP fittings. The only

1/2" BSP mixer taps I can find are after 79minutes browsing are monobloc (one hole) or three-hole jobbies. Personally, I'd use a bath mixer, but basin holes are a different distance apart.

Any advice, other than rip out the new basin?

Ta.

-- JGH - mdfs.net/hwps

Reply to
jgh

On the assumption that this is not someone taking the piss.....

Well yes. Bath taps and w/h basin taps ARE different distances apart .

I'm not familiar with the "three hole jobbies" you mention .I've only ever seen the monobloc ones or individual taps which you need for that basin .

Why does your missus want a mixer tap . Throw out a new basin just so you can get a different set of taps .That's just daft .

But a pair of nice taps and be done with it and assert yourself to your wife .Are you a man or a mouse FFS .For all the time you ( or her) spend over a basin two taps is fine .

Jeezo!!!!!

Reply to
Stuart B

I think that you will struggle with this one.

There are the obvious bathroom sites like Boundary Bathrooms who carry all the major brands. I noticed one or two that had a handle that would go in one hole and spout in the other and are in separate components (e.g. Bristan Chill), but the mounting holes are large.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nah! Moving the toilet was hard enough.

a good selection

Dunno, but women do seem to need more watering. Seperate taps is "old fashioned".

-- JGH - mdfs.net/hwps

Reply to
jgh

Mount taps on the wall and blank the holes in the basin?

Or use separate taps but include a TMV on the hot so as to give final temperature water out of it.

Reply to
John Rumm

Bibcocks.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Three hole jobbies are available, they are standard fittings in a development on The Esplanade in Rochester.

trendy if you think £175 is reasonable for basin taps.

Also good for business - I reseated/washered several.

Daft idea IMO.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

# D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Is a kitchen mixer the same spacing? Plenty of them around and 1/2".

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Often 2 hole basins have the third hole moulded and ready to knock out (look underneath) so can easily be turned into a 3 hole to use something like this

Alternatively, if it's mounted on a stud wall, with a bit of messing about you could use Stick the valves in the basin, but mount the spout in the wall.

auctions