bargain clothing?

Wickes appear to be selling Dickies workware at very cheap prices. I just bought a waterproof jacket for

Reply to
dennis

They are good. But not fire proof so I wouldn't class them as work wear.

Reply to
zaax

Depends if it's a "flexothane" type which normally go for £20-40, or a "crackly plastic for the building-site" type which normally go for 99p.

I think Dickies is probably OK but you pay for the brand.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well known quality brand name AFAIK.

I've been tempted but they didn't have any FB size's.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dickies have some very good high quality clothing. The best place to find bargains is

neilB

I've got a pair of Dickies safety shoes (from Machine Mart) that so far, a couple of months, are wearing well.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

We get plenty of FBs at work (ever seen a 120 kilo bloater trying to get through an 40cm-wide underwater window? Makes me want to lose 10 kilos and go out through the other window, even if it's only

30cm), and Dickies are a very common brand of workware. Your Dickies stockist may not have them, but FB sizes are available. We're just changing from K+L Ross
to A.N.Other , but that's because of crap turnaround times on lace-up boots, not coveralls. No idea if they do mailorder though.
Reply to
Aidan Karley

On Fri, 18 May 2007 11:53:22 +0100, Aidan Karley mused:

Nope, didn't understand a word of that. Looks like spam to me though, but somethign may be lost in the translation.

Reply to
Lurch

Someone complained that he couldn't get Fat Bastard ("FB") sizes of Dickes coveralls. I pointed him to evidence that at my work we have people in Fat Bastard sizes of Dickes coveralls, and gave a link to our (ex-) suppliers, who might have a wider range of sizes than the OP's suppliers.

Reply to
Aidan Karley

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:49:10 +0100, Aidan Karley mused:

Cheers. ;)

Reply to
Lurch

I once ordered a couple of their trousers, but the fit was crap and they were too tight in my normal size.

I changed them for the next size up and they were still tight. There is no way their sizing was the same as any other manufacturers. I would have needed a size 4x bigger than any other trousers!

Also, the fit was crap. I don't know what was going on, but they were tight at the crotch, and the waistband seemed lower, so they felt like a cross between hipsters and tight 1970's flares!

I now wear work trousers by Dunlop - which are heavy 100% cotton, and have lots of room to move, and lots of pockets for stuff. You don't sweat and get uncomfortable in them like the poly/coton snickers etc.

But the Dickies padded fleece is a bargain, and very warm and windproof. I would recommend that

dg

Reply to
dg

Where did you get them? Sounds good.